Creatively Boost Confidence
Children need support and guidance to build and maintain a positive sense of self. As parents, we can facilitate this by helping them craft personal About Me collages that depict positive images and words that resonate with them.
To craft an About Me collage, you will need the following materials:
- A workspace with enough room to spread out and work
- A piece of cardstock or poster board, 8 ½ inches by 11 inches or larger
- A pair of child-safe scissors (parents can also help with any cutting)
- Craft glue or a glue stick
- Copies of photos of your children
Help your children find images and positive words in magazines that describe them in a positive light. If your children are artistic, you might cut out an image of an easel or a famous artist they like. If your children are expressive, you could cut out images of a microphone or actors in a play. If your children are funny, you could cut out images of silly faces or funny words. Help your children use their imaginations to craft a one-of-a-kind collage they can hang in their bedrooms and see every day. You can work on this fun, confidence-building project with your children periodically over the years so you can look back and see how each child’s self-image has changed.